From:
Esther Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:19:05 -0800
I agree that he does pay somewhat better lip service than some of the other formula flunkies, but his statements about continuation of milk supply dwindling due to the "pregnancy hormones" is utter hogwash; my 27 month old who is still nursing at least 5 times a day, and my son who was only eating about an ounce or 2 of complimentary food at 13 months can attest to that!!
  It is a dangerous new angle, aimed it seems to me at drastically reducing natural length breastfeeding, as well as allowing the formula companies to continue to profit from these babies for a longer period of time; formula is expensive enough that many moms do try to transfer off to regular milk as early as possible, and this product is clearly aimed at extending those profits an extra couple of years or so; similar to the other "nutritional supplement" products being hawked as a replacement for feeding your child healthy whole foods..... climbing grouchily off my soapbox now.  Sigh.

Esther Friedman, RLC, IBCLC, LLLL, mom of 2 broccoli eating kids!!

www.firstgiving.com/tylermom
There is no greater accomplishment than helping a child...