From:
Hilary Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:25:45 -0000
Hi,
Just a few words to re-introduce myself. I'm a midwife and IBCLC in Somerset England. Haven't posted for quite a while but I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice. I have permission from this mum to post.

This lady had her second baby about a month ago and has not managed to produce any milk. She fed her first baby for 20 months. She has polycystic ovaries and is on thyroid replacement therapy - thyroxine levels are normal. both pregnancies were IVF. Her testosterone level is normal and her prolactin is over 5,000 (she is taking galactogues domperidone and fenugreek). She is feeding her baby with a supplemental system but has given up pumping as well as she was only getting a few mls. She sought help from an endocrinologist through another LC, he now says he can't help her. I'm at a loss to know who else to ask. I can't find any references to lactation failure that fit her picture. Any thoughts, ideas would be really welcome.
Hilary Myers