From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:39:24 -0500
Ilene, welcome to hospital nursing, where everything you thought you knew
about "those people" and the way they manage things suddenly becomes your
burden and your joy!
Remember to laugh at yourself and your situation from time to time, let the
nurses know you are doing it, and think out loud often so they benefit from
your expertise.
The baby should not be in that bed. If you want to buy sidecars you'll need
a fundraising event! But get those little guys out of the plastic buckets
(call them plastic buckets in front of moms and dads).
Check weight loss scrupulously. 7% is not good on Day 2.
Get a PI project going to get babies to breast within an hour. If they eat
well then, don't be surprised if they fall asleep and then make up their
other feedings at 20-24 hours.

Contact me anytime. I love working in the hospital (10 years now, after 15
years as LLLL).

Dawn Kersula at Brattleboro's happy little Birthing Center in Vermont USA
Not flat nipple city as our induction rate is ONLY 33% and mostly not with
pit....
Check out my son's UN Global Warming Conference Blog at
www.generationkyoto.net  (He's in Nairobi for the conference)