From:
Sharon Mattes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:44:47 -0500
Dear Pam:

Wonderful ideas!  I am also a Childbirth Educator and have the best
opportunities
to present these views during pregnancy - showing many of the other benefits
to both
parents and baby as well as the obvious benefits to successful breastfeeding
initiation.

Would you like to share your skin to skin handout?  Some time ago I used one
by La
Leche League which presented their concept of nursing 'Early and Often' and
which
offered excellent references and advantages...but it is very outdated
(though still appropriate).

Warmly,
Sharon Mattes, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL, AAHCC
Helping Breastfeeding Mothers since 1973
Natural Beginnings...the informed parent's resource
(972) 495-2805 - www.naturalbeginningsonline.com

"Breastfeeding is the biological norm for infants, providing a support
system
that provides food, connection, and protection from illness to the nursing
baby."