Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:00:16 +1100
7bit
From:
Meg Kingsley <[log in to unmask]>
I appreciate that the S of P seeks to address a range of issues that concern
IBLCE and ILCA, to ensure best practise and professionalism in this growing
area. 2 years of collaboration would not have occurred if these issues were
not of concern.

However attempts to write a Standards document that will apply to all
IBCLC's in all settings and in all countries would be too prescriptive or
else too generalised to be of much assistance. As we have read on
Lactnet-what may be lawful in one country may breach confidentiality laws in
others. Using the word Standard of Practise means that any IBCLC who fails
to adhere to this document is therefore falling "below" the standard, and
yet clearly in some counties it is not lawful for that IBCLC to actually
adhere to it's tenets, especially in the area of seeking mandatory
permission to report back to the mother's HCP before engaging the client.

Instead what I would appreciate is GUIDELINES of practise, and perhaps even
country-specific guidelines. Suggestions, ideas, fill in the blanks
sentences, approaches...a range of practise ideas that will support the dyad
and maintain good relations with other members of the mother's health care
team.

Meg Kingsley IBCLC

--
09:45