If you have not done so already, you'll want to use the National Park
Service Web site for advice on some of the areas you plan to visit. Each
park posts information relevant for planning a visit, including local
accomodation, restaurants, activities, and the like. Given the time of year
for your planned tour, some popular areas that might be of interest could
be closed or have limited hours for the winter season. For example, while
the Grand Canyon's South Rim is open year round, park visitor services and
facilities on the North Rim are officially closed after mid-October, and it
is accessible for day use only if the roads are still clear.

http://www.nps.gov/

Gaye Nayton                                                                                               
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]                                                       
                      U>                       cc:       (bcc: Vergil Noble/MWAC/NPS)                                           
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  advice on places to visit/tours etc                                    
                      HISTORICAL                                                                                                
                      ARCHAEOLOGY                                                                                               
                      <[log in to unmask]                                                                                         
                      >                                                                                                         

10/24/2006 07:36                                                                                          
                      PM ZE8                                                                                                    
                      Please respond to                                                                                         
                      HISTORICAL                                                                                                
                      ARCHAEOLOGY                                                                                               

I am going to the Conference in Jamestown in January and afterwards have
booked myself accomodation in Flagstaff for the purpose of seeing the Grand
Canyon etc. I have always wanted to see Arizona, The Grand Canyon, cliff
dwellings and the mesa's you see in so many old westerns.

Anyone based out there got local info on good tours and must see sights and
attractions.

I am thinking in terms of tours because I don't like investigating new
places on my own, it's much for fun with someone else to share it with.

Cheers Gaye

ATOM RSS1 RSS2