Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:51:51 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I have just found out that I am going to be attending an Infant Feeding in Emergencies Strategy Workshop in Oxford in England in early November (well will actually be in London/Oxford 29/10-5/11). Are there any Lactnetters going or in the area?? Perhaps we can meet up. I'd also like the opportunity to see/learn from what the lay breastfeeding support orgs in the area are doing if that is at all possible.

I'm also looking for cheap accommodation (I have funding for the flight only). So if there is anyone going to this meeting who can share a room that would be great. Or if someone lives not far away and has a spare bed  perhaps I could do a trade a bed with a presentation or two to  their local breastfeeding organisation (I do presentations on relactation and adoptive breastfeeding: incl a focus on working with non-newborn adopted children, the non-nutritional aspects of breastfeeding, supporting adoptive families, infant feeding in emergencies and the importance of breastfeeding, oops, nearly forgot, I also do a presention about my study of the experiences of mothers and children of breastfeeding beyond 2 years!)

I'm very excited about attending this meeting and perhaps seeing how things are done re peer support in another context. 

Karleen Gribble
Australia

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2