From:
Regina Roig-Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:37:52 -0400
Norma said: < I do wonder, however, whether written exams can tell the
whole story.
They do not take into account other learning styles.
They do not take into account how those who pass actually interact
with their clients.>>

I agree there.  Tests do not tell the whole story, or take into account
other learning styles or measure people skills.  But what they *do*
measure in my opinion does need to be measured, hence I support our
having to retake the exam. That the picture isn't complete, that
recertification should be based on more (every tenth year) than just a
test, yeah.  I agree with you....

Regina Roig Lane, BS IBCLC
Senior Lactation Consultant
Miami-Dade County Health Dept WIC/Nutrition
Breastfeeding Program
7785 NW 48 St, Suite 300
Miami FL 33166
786-336-1333 x162