From:
Corrine Flatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:43:45 -0700
Hello,

I have an interesting client, 7+4 weeks pregnant with her fifth child, who,
in past pregnancies, has had such severe hyperemesis gravidarum by 5 weeks
pregnant that she takes Phenergan AND Zofran daily and goes to the hospital
for IVs regularly.  This time she has not vomited once so far, and she made
a side comment, "The only thing different this time is that I am still
nursing, and when I get to feeling really awful, I go and nurse N.. and I
feel better and can eat a little."

I have never heard of a connection between breastfeeding and hyperemesis
gravidarum, and I would love to hear any speculation.  (Another possibility
is that ~maybe~ this mother of four beautiful daughters is carrying a son.)

Thanks for your time,
Corrine Flatt
Las Vegas, NV

PS.  This client urged me to post, even though she could possibly be
identified by it's content by another friend or two on the list.