From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:44:37 -0400
With permission to post. I have a mother who had a healthy boy on July 11,
2006. Weight is good, mouth and tongue are normal with the exception that
he has a tight jaw. He was vacuumed at birth and mom has small nipples but
by no means tiny. She was Group B + so she got antibios before birth and
epidural.

She has constantly had sore nipples since birth. She did have some cracks
which have healed fine and she saw someone who thought she had thrush so
she is on her last round of Difulcan and baby is being treated orally.

We did have to assist him to open his mouth wider and her positioning was
not the best and she had been taught to hold him around the neck on the
jaw. Once in the cross cradle and open wide she would not have pain while
nursing and all would look well but on occassion on her left breast she
would have a small crease when he got lazy at the end of a feed.

Could her soreness still be from thrush? Baby has never showed signs but is
being treated. I have seen her once with follow up to come in one week at
her house and on the phone this friday. My moms in the past typically saw
relief pretty soon, what about other clients you have had? Thanks in
advance, you can email me or post!

Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice, Merced, CA