From:
"M. Vance" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 07:25:37 -0400
I was contacted by a reporter from a *major* media outlet. She wants to
focus on breastfeeding/pumping in the workplace esp. the obstacles for lower
income women. Here's what she sent me.

"I'm reporting a story on pumping breastmilk in the workplace, and I'm
looking for women-- particularly on the low end of the income scale-- who
have had trouble doing so, or stopped breastfeeding when they returned to
work because pumping was too difficult. If you have heard any such tales, I
would love to contact the mother in question (and rest assured that she can
contribute to the story without jeopardizing her job; we take such
precautions all the time). If she left the job, that works too. Also, I am
trying to nail down some accounts of women (probably in higher paid jobs)
who have fedexed breast milk to their babies, perhaps from business trips.

If you are interested in speaking with her, please contact me off list at
[log in to unmask] and I will you put you in touch.

This could really help our mothers by raising public awareness.

Melissa Vance, JD, LLLL