Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:58:21 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
I realise that most of you ladies are in private practice but I have a question that does not seem to have been answered in the past ( I have searched the archives)

I am currently an RN in the labor and delivery unit of a small hospital which belongs to a large private healthcare company.I am planning to take the exam in July to qualify as a lactation consultant and my plan is to start up a lactation department within the hospital to serve all the local moms.I will be the sole employee of this department! I see it as a kind of private practice setup but owned by the hospital.I will be seeing inpatients, outpatients, renting and selling pumps, measuring and selling nursing bras, teaching classes, seeing patients in the OB practice and pediatrician practice.

My manager, while liking my idea, does not see the need to give me any kind of salary increase which I think that I am worthy of. I will be carrying a pager, on call 7/24 etc, etc. I have looked at the IBCLC website but have been unable to find any clues to back up my claim.

The other LCs at the main hospital in the nearby city have accepted this situation but I dont intend to quite yet. Have any of you encountered a similar situation? 

I would be interested in your comments. I must say that I find this site fascinating - it is good to read opinions from all over the world.
  Thank you.
  Julie Taylor RN

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups gets better. Check out the new email design. Plus there’s much more to come.  

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2