Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:39:46 -0700
Hi

Pat Purdy is a long time LLL Leader, who has always been very involved
in both helping mothers and with the Southern California/Nevada
Conference.  She has lung cancer.  Here is a bit from the note she sent
our local group.

"I have a type of lung cancer called a carcinoid tumor of the lung. They
will be removing the right lower lobe. Most lung cancers have dismal
survival rates. This one has a 5 yr survival rate of 95%. I have never
smoked nor has anyone in my family and I have always worked in a
non-smoking environment. Lung cancer is increasing in women who have
never smoked. (30% of new lung cancers in women are in those who have
never smoked.) Only 10% of lung cancers in men are in those who have
never smoked.

My surgery will be at City of Hope. They will be doing robotic
surgery. It is minimally invasive. I should be in the hospital from
2-5 days. Recovery time will be from 2-6 weeks. Chemotherapy and
radiation are not usually done for this type of cancer."

I know that Pat would love to have some cards during her recovery time,
just as Lexie did when she was recovering from her injury.  Here is her
address.

Pat Purdy
22011 Salcedo
Mission Viejo, CA  92691