Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:25:58 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have a mom that I am working with that has chosen not to breastfeed her baby. The reasons for this are deeply rooted. I have provided this mom with much information and discussion, but she is determined not to breastfeed her child. At this point I must support her with her decision.  I just wanted to be able to explain to her what she can expect after birth with regards to her breasts and milk production. I have told her that her body is already making colostrum for her child and will do so postpartum, but if the baby is not put to breast AT ALL  milk production will not increase. I have mentioned that she will feel some engorgement and be uncomfortable for some days postpartum. Besides keeping her comfortable with warm/cold compresses and maybe some Tylenol is there anything else she can do? How long postpartum, with no breast stimulation, will she experience discomfort? She is not willing to hand express or pump milk off for comfort, or to feed baby in another manner. She doesn't want her hands, anyone else's hands, baby's mouth, or a pump near her breasts.
Thanks in advance
Stacy

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2