From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 10:25:44 -0600
I'm not exactly sure if there is a difference between "military" and "air
force", but we were recently discussing this on mothering.com, and it seems
that breastfeeding moms in the Air Force have some protection.   I think
this might be new.

To read from the source yourself:
Go to http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/
Under Short Title type in 44-102.
Find the one that is dated May 1 2006.
Read the sections on pages 33-34.

Here's what it says:

Quote:
Section 4.15 Breastfeeding and Breast Pumping

4.15.1 AF Members shall be authorized 15-30 minutes every 3-4 hours to
breast-pump. This should be allowed for approximately 12 months after
delivery.

4.15.2 The obstetrician or PCM shall annotate on an AF Form 422 that the
member wishes to breast pump and makes a request for a room or office that
provided adequate privacy for breast pumping be designated to allow AF
members to pump. The AF member must supply the equipment needed to breast
pump and store the breast milk.

4.15.3 The obstetrician, pediatrician or PCM shall annotate on and AF Form
422 a recommendation for deployment for those AF members who choose to
exclusively breastfeed, i.e. the infant does not take formula at all.

4.15.4 Breastfeeding/breast pumping AF members may participate in field
training and mobility exercises. Decisions to continue to breast pump must
be made by the patient, in collaboration with obstetrician or PCM,
supervisors, training instructors and the MDG/CC in regard to having a place
to safely express and store breast milk.

Janice Reynolds