From:
Sanna-Mari T <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:00:24 +0300
I have met the past six months or so two babies whose mothers told
that the baby keeps his/hers mouth open when sucking on a pacifier or
a finger, ie. the baby does not close his/hers lips around the object.
Other baby did not have breastfeeding problems per mom, but the other
one had weak/soft suck and narrow latch at breast. (I was not able to
help her, and there is only one single IBCLC in the whole country.)

Just curious, why an earth would a baby leave his/hers mouth open
while sucking? Minor SI-issues maybe, something else?

Sanna-Mari
bf support group leader since -00
Finland, Scandinavia