From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:39:25 +1100
Though I can't get over staff advertising infant formula it sounds like a
good idea to me. However, I would strongly suggest that you reconsider any
slogan that associates "best" with breastfeeding. I now cringe every time I
hear someone talk about breastmilk as best or as the "gold standard" etc
because I think that it actually undermines breastfeeding....women are very
happy for breastfeeding to be best (gives their babies all that extra stuff
that helps them be healthier) and to give their babies formula (it gives
their baby the normal stuff they need to be normally healthy). Nope
breastfeeding is not best, it is normal and anything less is deficient (but
can't see the nurses who wear the formula advertising being happy to have
that!).
Karleen Gribble
Australia