Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:04:55 -0600
unrelated to my previous post, grand rounds today on pediatric gastroenterology
overview, I asked the speakers opinion of Chamoille and colic- he said he knew
of no studies (unless that meant qualified no GOOD studies)I thought it was
well studied, anyone know?

now, just to vent... he talked about how hard it is for mothers to go on
elimination diets and many come for "permission" to stop breastfeeding, and
since there "really are no benefits beyond 3-4 months" later when I raised my
hand to comment he goes "now, we are going to hear about breastfeeding" a real
jokester, the audience also had a jolly good time laughing about giving the
parents valium for colicky babies, since its "really just normal for babies to
cry" when I spoke I just said that I had a question (about the chamoile), a
comment (I mentioned oversupply as an under-recognized entity)and that I "was
going to let the argument slide", really, I couldn't start giving my grand
rounds all over again! but I wrote on the evaluation form "sorry, but there ARE
benefits to breastfeeding beyond 3 months" aaarrrgh!!!