From:
Karen Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:15:01 +1200
I am working hard to achieve BFHI accreditation in our hospital and my
current "project" is educating the paediatric staff.  I need to present
to them in 4 days time why skin to skin is beneficial , and why they
need to delay the well baby check until after S2S and the first
breastfeed. The midwives are well educated on the practise now and baby
weighing etc is delayed for 1 - 2 hours, but getting the paeds to agree
is the challenge.  And of course, they want research to back it.

And of course, they want it presented on powerpoint!

Like I don't have enough to do right now!  And it is supposed to be a
holiday weekend!  But that is enough whinging from me.

I have looked thru the archives and gathered some material, but I was
wondering if anyone can point me to a research paper that is going to
knock their socks off!!

Karen Palmer
New Zealand