Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:53:21 -0600
From:
Sender:
I have the opportunity to meet with heads of the major HMO's to present my case
that they should do a "Breastfeeding promotion" I am on my AAP NJ Chapter exec
council as the BF com. chair and Dr Richard Lander who is very big in the
Practice Management section both locally and Nationally mentioned at the last
E. council mtg that he regularly meets with the HMO's to suggest "health
promotion" ideas eg obesity, exercise, BP monitoring, and the next cycle was
comming up so if we had any suggestions....!  I just remembered today to ask
him about it and it turns out thatthis meeting is next week!! I think I'll have
15-30 min to present my case. I'm putting together some info now. I think I
might tell them about the Verizon Wireless lactation program that the NJ BF
task force gave an award to in Jan b/c it shows how they put out x dollars for
breastfeeding b/c they know that its a good investment etc... Here are some
links that I'm working on, I should make a hand out too...

http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/data/NIS_data/data_2004.htm
http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/fanrr13/
http://www.babyfriendlyusa.org/eng/10steps.html
http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/pdf/bluprntbk2.pdf
http://www.usbreastfeeding.org/Issue-Papers/Economics.pdf
http://www.fitpregnancy.com/bestcities/
http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-282

http://www.state.nj.us/health/chs/hnj2010u05/hnj2010u05c3.pdf#3b
> Pages 15 and 16 have the breastfeeding objectives

Amy M. Kotler, MD FAAP
Chair Breastfeeding and Nutrition Committee AAP/NJ
Dover Pediatrics
LLLI Breastfeeding Resource Center
Doctors Park 369 W. Blackwell St
Dover NJ 07801