From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:54:20 EST

In a message dated 3/13/2006 4:39:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

He doesn't  have an obstruction, my ped isn't concerned even
though I told her he  hasn't had any formula, he acts healthy, comfortable,
and happy, has never  been fussy or cried excessively. I eat the same vegan
diet and am taking  the same prenatal vitamin, B-complex supplement, and iron
supplement, that  I took through the whole pregnancy and first few days
postpartum when he  was stooling normally. No complications at all postpartum
(and removed the  IV about 15 min after birth, yeaaah!). Taking stool
softener, ibuprofen  and tylenol once or twice a day.

Dear Friends:
    This baby seems to represent one end of the bell  curve.
    I worked with one baby like this. He cleared his  meconium by day 4, and
then pooped once a week on his own for the next 5-6  months. (It was always on
a Thursday!). He gained an average of 3/4 oz/day.
    He smiled, woke up to ask to eat, woke up to look  around, peed and
farted.................."healthy, comfortable, and  happy."  And pooped on
Thursdays. I met him when he was 2 or 3, and he was  a lovely boy.
    Babies never pretend to be fine to make their  mothers feel better. If
something is wrong with them, they show it. A baby that  acts fine and is
gaining weight is a fine baby.
    Great birth story also! Congratulations.
    warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE
Maternal-Child Adjunct  Faculty Union Institute and University
Film Reviews Editor, Journal of Human  Lactation
www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com