Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Becky Severson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:56:10 -0600
We do a quarterly newsletter for our Women's & Chil
Listmates -

We do a quarterly newsletter for our Women's & Children's staff.  We

always do a breastfeeding corner/update.  In the most recent issue, we

submitted a short writing about the medicinal uses of breastmilk, such

as for conjunctivitis, few drops in the nostrils to help the baby fight

colds, topically for burns or bug bites.   Also went on to say that

studies are being done to look at using breastmilk for treating certain

types of warts, and even for treating Crohn's disease and effects of

chemotherapy in cancer patients.

We weren't implying that nurses should direct patients to do this and

disregard their physician's advice.....  We just wanted staff to think

about the wonders of breastmilk etc....    I realize some of the uses

are probably antedoctal and not backed by research.  (However, I can't

imagine that applying to a bug bite to stop the itch is harmful to a

baby/child....).

Anyway, we had a physician who is not happy with the info in the

article....        So, I'm now trying to gather journal articles that

talk about studies done for these things...

So, if anyone has some good articles at their fingertips (from medical

journals), I'd appreciate it if you could send me the info so I can

quickly pull articles to show that we were not entirely crazy....

THanks so much.

Becky

Email [log in to unmask]

Fax 605-322-3482  (please put "Attn:  Becky S" as it goes to a

secretary's desk, so she'll know which mail box to put the fax into...).

Thanks again.

attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and

may contain confidential and privileged information. Any

unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is

prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact

the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original

message.