From:
Tom Lueck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:05:24 -0500
Jan writes:

"BTW, while we are talking about fenugreek, has anyone heard any word about
what's going with domperidone here in the US? Has it died a quiet death
except for the compounding pharmacies?  Remember the bruhaha about how
"domperidone had caused deaths when given IV" and that was the reason the
FDA  was disallowing it?  DId you know the IV formulation was pulled by the
manufacturers in-- get this -- 1984 -- TWENTY TWO years ago?  (Maybe you
all knew this and I'm just finding it out)."

We have a compounding pharmacy near here that would always make Domperidone
for us.  They recently (just this week!) started refusing to compound it if
it would be "used to increase milk supply".  They are saying they stopped
because the FDA has "banned" it---I don't know what brought this to their
attention at this time.

Melinda Lueck, RN, BSN, IBCLC, LCCE

Toledo, Ohio