From:
"Vicki.Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:04:13 -0700
    I saw this in the coupon section of my Sunday paper, "Similac Mom's
$130K Payday!"  www.similacmomspayday.com (sorry if this has been mentioned,
I'm just getting around to a few weeks' worth of coupons).
    Interestingly, in the entry form, there is "If supplementing or formula
feeding, please indicate the formula you used most often:" drop-down box of
different brand names and store brands, but no option for "breastfeeding
only" like in past contests (that sometimes magically blocks the entry).
"Mom, tell us your job description for being a mom in 100 words or less. Let
us know what you do every day as a mom and why this job merits a $130,000
salary:" I'd answer "exclusive breastfeeding" etc, but of course it would be
unethical for us to enter or win.
    Isn't it amazing what a drop in the bucket $130,000 is for these
companies? I wish our LC depts had a fraction of that much money to spend on
breastfeeding promotion, support, education, advocacy, etc.
~Vicki Hayes RN IBCLC in WA USA (who last night at bedtime/storytime,
enjoyed watching 2 1/2 year old Harrison mimic, with his teddy bear,
everything I did to get fussy Lachlan calmed down... tummy time across my
lap, rocking, sling, burping, bicycling his legs, and of course nursing. I
loved watching him proudly nursing his bear. Two older brothers their
"babies" within a week, what a wonderful sight!)