From:
"Henry, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:21:55 -0800
I have heard of silicone injections - when watching a show on the history of
can't remember exactly (it may have been strippers?).  When they discussing
one dancer who was famous for her large breasts that where done by silicone
injections (this may have been in the late 60's early 70's - memory is very
foggy).  She went weekly I think and the place she danced at had people
lined up around the corner because they were bigger every week for a while
and people kept coming back to see the changes.  The end of the piece on her
she talked about because the silicone was injected and "free floating" it
doesn't get the scar tissue around like the implants do but still migrates.
If she sleeps on her stomach she wakes up in the morning with her breasts
under her arms and around her back and she has to form them into her bra.
She really hated them (now many years later) and was shocked that her
daughter wanted to get implants - knowing the problems she was having now
with her silicone breast injections.

So I am amazed to hear of someone in the mid '90s getting this type of
implant - from what I understood from the piece this was the first kind of
implants and not done because of the migration issue.  The silicone can end
up who knows where in the body.  The only thing I can imagine is she may
have had the implant inserted and the saline injected in the implant bag
after the surgery - which I think is another way to "customize" the size and
look of breasts.

Felicia Henry
Oxnard, CA and new IBCLC