Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:57:19 EST
Margaret said:

<<I had a mother tell me this at my LLL meeting this week, only  she
said she had read it on more than one 'credible' website (she is
fairly savvy and said that at least one was a website that she
believed to have reliable information).  I was sure if there was any
breaking news on fenugreek's safety I would have seen it here on
Lactnet!>>

What IS the deal here?  I'm teaching a course in Salt Lake City, and  one of
our students said that a "CLE" told her that there were "LOTS" of  "research
studies" that said fenugreek wasn't safe for breastfeeding mothers to  take.
Where on earth is this coming from?

BTW, while we are talking about fenugreek, has anyone heard any word about
what's going with domperidone here in the US?  Has it died a quiet death
except for the compounding pharmacies?  Remember the bruhaha about how
"domperidone had caused deaths when given IV" and that was the reason the FDA  was
disallowing it?  DId you know the IV formulation was pulled by the  manufacturers in
-- get this -- 1984 -- TWENTY TWO years ago?  (Maybe you  all knew this and
I'm just finding it out).

Do you ever feel as though we are under attack from somewhere?

Sigh.

Jan Barger, RN, MA,  IBCLC, RLC