From:
Marsha Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:48:04 -1000
Greetings everyone, I am typing this with my new grandson in my arms while
my dd sleeps!  A beautiful little boy who waited 2 extra weeks to make his
appearance, affording me a nice 2 week vacation in Hawaii while I waited,
but less time with him before I have to go home!  My dd was induced for
postdates (I won't go into it, I might rant) but her water spontaneously
broke early on and labor kicked in for real.  Pit was barely on.  He was
born unmedicated, but we have had a devil of a time getting this little guy
to latch on painlessly.  He clenches and humps his tongue, in between doing
it right.  Her nipples were pretty torn up despite my best efforts.  We took
him for CST this morning (he is 5 days old), though already my dd is
starting to heal and his clenching is getting less and less.  I believe his
problems may stem from having his right hand up beside his face on the left
side when he was born.  We saw fingers before his head was all the way out.
It was funny to see his arm uncoil like a spring when that shoulder popped
out, but the aftereffects are definitely not funny!  The osteopath we took
him to gave my dd a cream called Epicuren Discovery Purecure Rainforest
Propolis Serum Moisterizer for her nipples.  She told us there was comfrey
in it which I looked up and told my dd she shouldn't use, but that didn't
show up on the list of ingredients.  Here's the list of ingredients.  I am
not inclined to let my dd use it on her nipples.  We have been using
hydrogels, steroid cream and bacitracin mixed.  That has seemed to help.
What do you all think of this cream?

Ingredients:
Pure Corigem Brazilian Rainforest Propolis, Extra Virgin Oilive Oil, Noni
Juice (Morinda Citrifolia), Kukui Nut Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Vitamin E
(Tocopherol Acetate), Vegetable Derived Urea (from Beets) and Glycerine.

Aloha,
Marsha, a proud tired new grandma

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations
as all other earthly causes combined.