From:
Mirine Dye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:15:35 -0500
After the Dr. Chandra/baby formula Canadian expose', I wrote to Nestle and here is their press on it. Sorry if this has already been posted, I did not recall anyone posting the industry repsonse.
Mirine Dye
Florida Keys, USA

Thank you for visiting verybestbaby.com.

Nestlé® is aware of the recent CBC broadcast featuring Dr. Chandra and his research. Nestlé will not comment on the accusations against Dr. Chandra, as they have not been verified. We will trust the university and the journals concerned to either affirm or retract the research. We continue to believe in the scientific community’s peer review process and its ability to validate research efforts.

Until such time as the current controversy surrounding the integrity of Dr. Chandra’s research practices has been resolved, we will suspend any future references to his work. As you know, the claims supporting the benefits of GOOD START SUPREME DHA & ARA infant formula in reducing the risk of allergies are based on a large body of clinical evidence that is scientifically sound and broadly validated. Even excluding Dr. Chandra’s work, more than 15 peer-reviewed publications of prospective, controlled clinical trials have been published by independent researchers on this subject. All of their findings strongly support the benefits of a partially hydrolyzed 100% whey formula such as GOOD START® SUPREME DHA & ARA in reducing the risk of allergy as compared to intact cow’s milk formula.

We hope you have found the very best baby resource™ helpful. We're always here to answer your nutrition and feeding questions. We appreciate hearing from you, and we wish you and your family "the very best!"