Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 09:27:43 +1100
Came across this...I wonder if breastfeeding factored in, sounds like an interesting paper. I haven't been able to find the abstract but if anyone does let me know!

Karleen Gribble

Australia

The Cradle of Success Dec 3 The Bulletin

Many Young Mums Nurture The Drive to Survive

Teen motherhood does not always ruin a young woman's life, but instead may drive her to greater maturity and ambituion, a small long term study has found.
"For some of them it's a turning point experience" said the study's author,Lee SmithBattle, of America's St Louis University, Doisy College of Health Science.

' They now have more educational aspirations and want to do better and turn their lives around because they have this child to care for"
He has been following a group of teen mums for 17 years interviewing them every 4 years and talking to the women's parents, partners and children.

In the study published in the Nov issue of The Western Journal of Nursing research, she reports on the mums at the 12 year point, when the women were in their early 30's.