From:
Maggie Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:53:09 EST
I am just catching up on my e-mail so have just read this line  of history.

I do not have any medical advice but I would like to offer  some practical
advice.

My son Nicholas was diagnosed with gastroenteritis at age 6  weeks. After
much mismanagement of pumping leading to stitches in my breast and  areola I
wanted to give up BF. Thanks to a with it pediatrician, I continued  with BF using
a supplement system to keep him at the breast that was not  injured, while
still getting the thickened EBM and then yes unfortunately  formula. However,
this did keep him at the breast, bypassing the problems we  were seeing due to
the bottles. He did eventually go back to 'just' the breast  and continued to
nurse until age 4. The supplementing system also helped to  keep his feedings
within my 'control' so that the hospital staff could not just  whisk him away.
This helped to reduce the stress on all of us and not  surprisingly he started
to keep more down as his feeding processes were calmed  down. I hope this
small experience might be  helpful.

Peace,

Maggie Payne

Mom of Andrew (18 OHMY), Nicholas (9),  and
Princess Gillian (7), Husband Matthew (13yrs.)
La Leche  League Leader ([log in to unmask])

Dream Now so that your  children learn to Dream for tomorrow!