Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:31:37 -0800
From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Well, I'm thoroughly disgusted. I was interested in purchasing some used
rental pumps, but certainly not STOLEN used rental pumps. There were several
listings and in each case I emailed the seller to ask for the serial number
so that I could verify that the pump was clear-- well, as clear as one can
tell, which means clear in the manufacturer's records, right? Of those who
answered me, one belonged to a hospital rental station and two others to the
pump companies. One person told me that they have a policy of not giving out
serial numbers! (I was rather incensed by that response-- speaks for itself)
I only found one that was considered legitimate. But what was more appalling
was that the pump companies weren't very interested in chasing their pumps
down. They say they've tried before and haven't been very successful. I had
to urge the one company to let the hospital know that someone was selling
their rental pump on ebay, since they obviously didn't know it was missing
yet. How very sad.

My conclusion was that almost all the listings for rental grade pumps were
for stolen property. It makes me think that perhaps ebay simply should ban
the sale of rental grade pumps as all it seems to do is encourage theft.

Lisa Marasco