From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:24:17 +1000
Hi Cynthia,
If her baby is willing to suckle then she's in a great position to relactate
relatively simply and more the baby breastfeeds the better!
I'd recommend a few resources for you and her
The WHO booklet on relactation can be downloaded at
http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/New_Publications/NUTRITION/WHO_CHS_CAH_98_14.pdf
and it really is the best resource on the subject. There is also the ABA
booklet on relaction and adoptive breastfeeding which can be purchased
cheaply from LLL
http://www.lalecheleague.org/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=Special%20Situations&cart_id=1557934_27023
and since it's written for mothers this may be especially helpful tou your
friend. There are also a number of Internet based support groups for mums
relactating that are really great
http://www.fourfriends.com/abrw/forum/index.php?
practical support and encouragement (there's nothing like talking to someone
whose been there done that to build confidence).
Good luck and let us know how you go.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> Hello,
> My office mate was prescribed birth control pills 4 months after the birth
> of her baby.  Despite promises that this pill would not affect her supply,
> it did (no surprise).  She stopped taking the pills after only 5 days.
Her