From:
The Mullers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 08:32:42 -0400
Annie,

 I would think possible brain trauma. This baby could have a bleed. Perhaps
the doctor should look into this.

I had a baby that did just this - about 10 years ago. By day 3, the baby was
very jaundiced and vomiting up all feedings. He also wasn't feeding as well
on day 3 as he had on day one.

 I personally thought the baby was sick and called the pediatrician for a
CBC. (It was night shift so he was not very happy with me.)He wouldn't give
the order until he came in and saw the baby. He specifically told me he
didn't think the baby looked jaundiced (we're talking orange) and he looked
fine, but since I made "such a big deal" he would have the neonatologist
look at him. A good thing. I was wrong. He wasn't sick. He had a bleed.  He
had had a large cephalhematoma (hence the jaundice). I think he stayed in
the NICU almost a week until he could keep feedings down.

 I've always wondered what happened to that baby.

Cheryl Muller RNC  IBCLC