From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:44:28 -0700
C. Crowell
Not that I would now throw salt into a wound here in
conversation:

But, how many beekeepers are also aware that fluvalinate
besides being used as a selective contact insecticide is
also used as a stomach-poison?

Which then makes one think what does it do to the bees
internal gut for digestion etc with beneficial bacteria?

Also, to consider I remember back in the late 1980s when
lobbying against it's usage in beehives for the State of
Arizona beekeepers, it was brought out by me to Washington,
that in Europe the ratio for mixing fluvalinate to water
for use was roughtly 1 part fluvalinate to 100 parts water,
while in our country APHIS believed the ratio should be 1
part fluvalinate to 4 parts water (ref APHIS then
application for section 18). It was no wonder that in many
articles written by Europeans you read then that the level
of fluvalinate being used in the USA was much higher then
needed for actual control, and yet in the field, resistance
to treatments back then in around 1989 was already starting
to show, and more serious treatments were already being
looked at. Then also look at were we have progressed to
now.Sad just so sad.

So does this mean then that we already got good moth
control in hives to get back to your story for parallel?

Respectfuly submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona