From:
Leslie Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:10:50 -0500
Wouldn't it be lovely to see postpartum nurses have access to slings/baby carriers, or Nils Bergman's wrap for KMC, etc?

Think of the example the mothers and and their partners would receive at a very influential time regarding responding to their newborns...

I believe Maureen Fjeld is on Lactnet, and can testify to this, but there is a hospital in Alberta, Canada where this is being done (using Nils Bergman's KMC carrier) - I heard her speak about such practice at a recent LLL conference, and was thrilled, as I had never considered such a simple approach.

If every nurse could baby wear, we'd probably see less screaming babies, and new parents could learn and be taught about this option from birth...

Leslie Ashton, RN, BSc
Policy & Political Action Officer
Childbirth Nurses Interest Group
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario

How do children spell Love ?    T I M E