From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:34:52 -0600
I thought I'd post this article with the story behind the anti-breastfeeding
hoax site - "Citizens Against Breastfeeding".  So then it will be in the
archives if anyone has questions about this site, in the future.

http://westchesterweekly.com/gbase/Film/content?oid=oid:132248

Raising Eyebrows with Abel
The story of a loving family man who happens to be a "slightly deranged"
professional hoax-master

After a recent screening at the Bethel Film Festival of the indie
documentary, Abel Raises Cain , which chronicles the life and pranks of
America's most famous hoaxer Alan Abel,..

<snip>

But how does that explain that more recently, Abel pulled off a fictitious
campaign against breastfeeding, staging protests all over the country,
enraging women (and the La Leche Organization) wherever he went with his
wild claims that breastfeeding was an "incestuous" act, that it results in
oral fixations (with comic refernces to the number of years Monica Lewinsky
breast fed), and that it deprived an innocent child of its civil rights?
Abel chose the Democratic National Convention in 2002 as the moment to
launch his antibreastfeeding campaign. He was accompanied by his daughter
Jenny, who had already started filming the documentary. If you Google
"Citizens Against Breastfeeding," you still get serious responses to the
concocted group.

"I'm tired of all the nasty phone calls," Abel confesses, referring to the
daily irate calls he still gets from women who call the phony hotline number
he set up.

Besides having fun with the public (and especially the media), Abel asserts
that hoaxes like the anti-breastfeeding campaign and one of his earlier
fabrications--The Society for the Indecency of Naked Animals--were his way
of lampooning the prudishness of our society. Surely, he thought, who would
take seriously a campaign that insisted that all four-legged animals should
be clothed in public? Poking fun at moral maniacs was a cover for delivering
a message on censorship--one that took a long time for anyone to figure out,
Abel says.
<snip>

(there is more to the article, but thats the whole reference to the
anti-breastfeeding site)

Janice Reynolds