From:
Jennifer Seelaus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:32:27 -0700
For the past couple of days, I've been trying to
compose a good response, but the thread seems to be
out-pacing me! So, briefly I thought I'd tell you that
I did a little research today and found that the US
and other "major" powers hand-pick the heads of UN
organizations as part of their membership. For
example, the US nominates the head of the world bank,
Europe nominates the head of the fund. UNICEF is
another of those organizations for which our president
has this privledge. Hope this helps.