From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:01:08 -0500
I have a few questions written for a trivia quiz to give to the nurses for
prizes for WBW.  Does anyone know the correct answers without looking up the
references?  I'm really strapped for time.  I have read these items recently
but can't find the references right now.  Here are the questions:

 Bonus questions:

1.	What year was the first board certification exam for lactation
consultants?
2.	 What is the average fat content of whole human milk?
3.	 How much money could the US government save if every mother
exclusively breastfed her baby for just one month?
4.	What is the DHA and ARA made from that is added to infant formulas?
5.	What was the breastfeeding initiation rate at Silver Cross Hospital
for 2004?

Tie Breaker Question:

 What color is yak's milk?

Feel free to adapt them for your own use for a quickie game for your staff.
I also have the crossword puzzle from California's WIC Peer Breastfeeding
Counselor training manual from Module 5 page 92 attached to the quiz.
(Thanks Jeanette Panchula for that great Favorite BF Website.)  Prizes will
be "Ask me about your free baby gift" buttons, badge holders, etc and breast
cancer awareness bracelets that I made to raise money for our WBW
celebration.  We are also having a graduation ceremony for our 21 newly
trained Loving Support Peer Counselors with our celebration.  What is
everyone else doing for WBW?

http://www.wicworks.ca.gov/breastfeeding/peerCounselorManual.htm

Linda Anderegg, RNC, IBCLC, RLC in Chicago