Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Stacy Pavlov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:59:32 EST
In a message dated 01/11/2005 9:10:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Date:    Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:45:05 EST
> From:    Ann Conlon-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: How to Stop Pumping at Night
>
> Don't know why, but I am stumped by this question.... Mother called me
> today
> with 3 month old who sleeps through the night but mother has continued to
> get up and pump every night at 1 a.m.   She says that she is so
> uncomfortably
> full that she feels she must continue to do this, but it is  wearing her
> out.
> She too, wants to sleep through the night.  If she  simply stops pumping
> abrubtly, will she be very uncomfortable or run into  trouble, or will her
> body
> simply cease producing as much milk?  Thanks, Ann  feeling dumb over this
> one!
>
> Ann  Conlon-Smith, IBCLC
> Triangle Lactation Consultants

Hi Ann, Maybe this mom could cut down each pumping session by a couple of
mintues each night, or even every second night, until it there is no time left.
This way her body adjusts nice and slow to the elimination of this pumping.
This would hopefully avoid any engorgement or blocked ducts. Another thought I
had on this is the fact that a 3-month-old is sleeping through the night. I
haven't seen this very often with exclusively b.f. babies, and hope that mom is
feeding babe plenty through the day. What if she wakes baby to feed at the 1 am
pumping time? Just a thought.
Warmly
Stacy Pavlov, LLLL (and new to LACNET)