From:
Niki Konchar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:41:39 -0400
My heartfelt thanks to all you LACTNET ladies who responded to the post.
Ths is such a wonderful resource and my knowledge base has really grown,
especially in the last 24 hours. I sent the Ped a report asking if a Coombs
test or direct antibody test was performed and requesting clarification of
the baby's diagnosis,including that "the AAP Section on Breastfeeding,
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Academy of
Family Physicians, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, World Health
Organization, United Nations Children's Fund, and many other health
organizations recommend exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months of
life" (credited to the AAP Policy Statement), and further defined exclusive
breastfeeding for him. I am now donning my armor, but am satisfied that I
have defended the dyad adequately-first step, anyway. Again, thank you
Ladies, for your dedication and elucidation. I know that you have made a
difference in this baby's life and bolstered his mother's confidence in her
ability to provide for him.
Niki Konchar, IBCLC
proud, today, to be in the space between mother and doctor, hopefully
bringing them closer to the same goal-a healthy, happy baby