From:
Dede Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:20:26 -0600
Hello,
I was looking at this bed on the website, and became aware of a couple of things that concerned me.  First of all, if the mother pulled the baby into bed with her, and then was not careful to put the infant back into the kinderbett, could the baby perhaps become lodged between the mother and one of the upright poles?  Also, if the mother was not careful to put the baby back in the bed, it looks like the baby could still be a risk of falling out of the bed either above or below the kinderbett.  While I love the concept-- I think that it could do with some tweaking.  There is also the possibility that the mother could turn onto her other side and the baby could scoot out of the kinderbett.  Again, I don't think that these things are probably, given the fact that most mothers are very aware of their infants when they are in bed with them, but the situations are certainly not impossible.
Merilee, RN, CLC