From:
Price Pamela B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:15:36 -0500
Has anyone seen this site? I happened on it looking for formula as a drug because I could have sworn that just the other day I found somewhere that listed it that way, like Medline or something like that.  Anyway, I found this and well, if it has already been discussed I am sorry, but... it seems like there should be something that can be done to update this information and improve the wording?  I haven't had a chance to think of what to do, at the end of a very busy WBW day, but I am going to sleep on this tonight and hope for some ideas from others.

Pam Price, IBCLC, RLC
Charleston, SC USA

http://familydoctor.org/019.xml

http://familydoctor.org/178.xml#1

Here is a sample:
Formula vs. breast milk
Although breast milk is the best source of nutrition for your baby, you shouldn't feel bad if you are unable or choose not to breast feed. Baby formulas are specially made to meet babies' nutritional needs. Even some women who breast feed may at one time or another use formula to supplement their breast milk. If you plan to use formula, here are some pointers.

And is this the best they could say about the benefits of breastfeeding?
What are the benefits of breast feeding?
Breast feeding has many benefits for your baby. Breast milk is rich in nutrients. It helps protect your baby against infections. It also helps prevent your baby from having allergies.
Breast feeding also has benefits for you. It's clean and simple--you don't have to wash bottles or mix formula. It's cheaper than using formula. It helps your uterus contract back to normal size after having been stretched during pregnancy. It delays the return of your periods (though you shouldn't count on it to prevent pregnancy). And it helps make time for you to be close to your baby.