From:
Price Pamela B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:55:27 -0500
I am in need of some advise right away. I have a mom who had a plugged duct that led to mastitis and now after aspiration on Friday the culture came back MRSA. Mom was re-admitted on Saturday and had another aspiration of the duct. She is on IV Vancomycin but wants to know if she can have another US therapy treatment. (2 were done with great releif of discomfort last week prior to the aspiration)  Mom has not ever had a fever, she has been on Vancomycin since Saturday afternoon. It has been 4 days since the last US treatment of which she had 2.  Is it contraindicated to do US treatments on an infected breast.   I realize there is not a lot of information here but mainly I need a resource for whether US can be done on an infected breast?

Pam Price
Charleston, SC