From:
"Mercier, Renee R" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:50:44 -0700
Hello,

I was counselling a mom w/a 9 month old (was a premie so adjusted age was
about 8 months) and she was asking how many jars of food per day her baby
should be eating.

When I mentioned that she could also offer healthy, soft family foods she
was very concerned about her baby eating the salt and spices that are in the
family food.

This seems to be a common concern among moms, because the jarred baby food
is marketed that it doesn't contain any salt, sugar, or spices.

Is it important to make separate portions of family foods so baby won't get
any salt/spices?

One more question:  a mom today was asking if it is OK to mix her baby's
cereal with formula, as she is getting tired of pumping.  (he doesn't like
it mixed w/water)
(he's six months old).  Please offer your input re: your general
suggestions.  (I suggested mixing it with a small amount of organic, whole
milk yogurt).

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Renee Mercier RN IBCLC

Washington State

10 Guiding Principles for Complementary Feeding

http://www.waba.org.my/wbw/wbw05/images/action_f_eng_p3.jpg