Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:25:16 +0800
[breastfeeding mother with stiffness and joint pain]

On 12/08/2005, at 21:08, gima wrote:

> Another benefit will be the healing light of the sun.  10-15
> minutes a day on face, arms and legs before applying sunscreen will
> improve her overall health.  Thanks to the American Cancer
> Society's recent findings we are re-learning that safe sunlight
> exposure is essential to health.

We're getting way outside the sphere of breastfeeding now, for which
I apologise; I welcome followups by email. If the only reason this
woman is resisting rheumatologist referral is that she fears that
medications would be the only option offered, I would encourage her
to consider that a proper diagnosis would be the best possible
outcome from a rheumatology assessment, independent of pharmaceutical
treatment options.

For example while sunlight can be terrific for some forms of mild
depression, and so on, it would be a disaster for lupus erythematosus
which can flare or present for the first time postpartum.

Lara