From:
Chris Betzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 23:32:51 EDT
Hello everyone,

Funny this subject should come up this week.
I go to a parenting class with my 1 year old every week.  Word has gotten out
that I am a lactation consultant.  Last week a mother asked me how to wean
her little one at a year.  I  asked her if she had started solids.  She said
yes.  My reply was that she had already started weaning. NOT what she had
expected as a response but I am pretty sure got her thinking. SHe is a neat lady. She
was also worried about getting engorged etc.  I told her I had never had
engorgement with weaning my other two children because I had done it so slowly.
As you know, it sure is simple if you don't HAVE to  wean by an abritrary time
or date.  Can you imagine someone asking, "how did you get  your child to
stop sitting in your lap?"  Why does nursing have to be so different, why can't
"we" just let it happen the same way they stop getting in your lap. You know,
they just grow up despite us.   Chris
Who is trying to savor every second of her last born's infancy and childhood!

In a message dated 5/29/2005 10:39:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,