Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 08:35:34 +0100
>  His birth weight was 7 lbs even and she has  not had a follow up
>weight (peds appt. tomorrow) but seems to think he is  gaining weight.  He is
>alert and active when awake, nurses readily and has  no signs of dehydration.

<snip>

>For some reason, just a hunch, I tend to think that this mom does have a
>hormonal imbalance that is preventing her from going through lactogenisis  II.

Christine, as I said in my first post in reply to yours, I don't see
evidence of this. It is really, really rare for a woman not to go
through this normal process.....nothing you say makes me think it
hasn't happened to her, either.

>It would be nice if her OB had asked her about breast changes during
>pregnancy
>prior to delivery or was willing to run the lab work for her  now. I know
>another OB who would run the labs for her if she chooses to do  that.

What would they be looking for at this stage? How would it help this mother?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK