From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:15:33 EDT
Darillyn,

You said you saw the ad for the Playtex double electice pump and wondered
whether it may help moms trying to induce lactation.  So, I went to the Playtex
site and viewed a video on the pump. (http://playtexbaby.com/embrace)  It looks
similar to the Avent hand pump too, but says it has a wide opening which did
look to be a larger diameter than that one.  I wish moms could try pumps
before buying as one doesn't really know how lindividual mo will respond to certain
pumps; that part is frustrating when moms ask about which pump is best.  I'
too' am always interested in finding whatever it takes to increase supply for
moms.  And as an aside, I recently have had a couple of moms for whom Medela's
glass flange has been the answer to greater comfort and milk yield from
necessary pumping.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Playtex offering a sweepstakes on this site
for food delivery and cleaning service for new moms; at least it's better
than other freebies of the artificial stuff.  (This may have come up before on
Lacnet).  Of course, i'm not about to broadcast this sweepstakes to moms-to-be
for ther's always a catch to freebies and so on and so.  Just think it was more
positive than most.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC, RLC