From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2005 22:57:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/2005 3:21:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

What if  someone had decided that since I COULD walk, I SHOULD
walk, and refused me  my crutches? (sudden cold-turkey weaning)

I had to go to ER today, and I was wearing my 100 reasons to  breastfeed
tshirt.  The PA that saw me stated that he "Loved my shirt" and  would "love to
have one".  I said wow, that is different coming from a guy  lol.  He said, "Oh
yes, in fact we just had a "getting my boobs back"  party"  When I looked at
him like he was crazy, he elaborated that his baby  had turned a year old on
Saturday, and he and his wife decided, whole milk was  the way to go, so the
baby was abruptly weaned on his birthday.  As he  turned to leave, all I could do
was picture this poor baby wondering what he did  wrong that mommy didn't
"want" him anymore.  Felt sad for the baby.  I  guess I should be glad that they
BF for a full year, but wow...that was some  birthday present.

Renee Drake RN CLC