Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 18:52:24 +0100
>'Breast is best' - but only when it works
>
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=P8&targetRule=10&xml=/health/2005/05/05/hbreast05.xml
>
>Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3472160B

I am quoted (or rather misquoted) in this article.

The numbers of breastfeeding counsellors I cite is incorrect, and in
my quote about mothers being told to 'persevere' the journalist has
chosen to leave the impression that I think we have a problem with
fanaticism (which I don't) and to omit my  views that  suggestions of
'perevering' being usless without skilled help to fix the
breastfeeding.  Someone who didn't know me might think I believe
mothers with bf problems should be told to stop.

I have spoken to the journalist concerned about this (the paper also
had website details incorrect, and she also quotes a mother who said
she had to pay for LLL support.....which cannot be true).

I do however agree that encouragement to breastfeed is never enough -
the skills and knowledge are needed as well (I know we all think that
here!!)

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK